Zinc phosphide is used as a rodenticide. Formulated as attractive bait, it releases phosphine gas once it is exposed to acid and moisture in the stomach. The phosphine gas is very toxic to all animals. Baits may also attract children or pets, so great care should be taken to keep pets and children away from areas when zinc phosphide is present. Phosphine is released naturally as swamp gas when organic matter decomposes in environments without oxygen.
|General Questions about Zinc Phosphide|
If you have questions about zinc phosphide, or any pesticide-related topic, please call NPIC at 1-800-858-7378 (8:00am - 12:00pm PST), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.