Toxicology and Health Effects of Antimicrobial Pesticides
If someone has been exposed to an antimicrobial pesticide, review the First Aid Statement on the product label. If it is a medical emergency, call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222 for emergency treatment information.
If you just have some questions or concerns, call NPIC for information at 1-800-858-7378. Our specialists are trained to give you valuable information about the toxicity of chemicals, and tips that can help you to avoid unnecessary exposure to yourself, your family and the environment. The call is free, so don't hesitate to call if you need any assistance!
Here are some additional resources that have some information on the toxicology and health effects of antimicrobial pesticides:
- Household Products Database - Department of Health and Human Services
- Pesticide Reregistration Status for Antimicrobials - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Hazardous Substances Data Bank - National Library of Medicine
- Antibacterial Household Products: Cause for Concern - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Pesticide Information Retrieval System (NPIRS) - Purdue University
- Toxic Substances Portal - Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Glutaraldehyde - Occupational Hazards in Hospitals - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Safety and Health Topic: Glutaraldehyde - National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Safety and Health Topic: Chlorine - National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Occupational Safety and Health Topics: Chemicals - National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Information on Specific Types of Wood Preservatives - NPIC
- Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings: Disinfectants - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Chlorine Fact Sheet - Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Learn About Chemicals Around Your House - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
If you have questions about this, or any pesticide-related topic, please call NPIC at 1-800-858-7378 (7:30am-3:30pm PST), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.