You are here: NPIC Home Page —> Emergency Resources
Pesticide Emergency Resources
Call 911 for pesticide emergencies or the appropriate contacts below.
- If you need medical attention right now, call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
- You can also visit the EPA page on Pesticide Emergency Information for general first aid instructions.
- For information on poisoning symptoms and treatment information for specific pesticides, view the EPA publication Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings.
- To discuss a pesticide poisoning call NPIC or visit our pesticide incidents page.
If your animal is having life-threatening symptoms like seizures, unconsciousness, or having difficulty breathing, consider taking your animal immediately to a local veterinarian or emergency animal hospital.
These organizations also offer emergency advice:
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 1-888-426-4435 ($65.00 credit card fee)
- VET PETS at 1-800-572-5842 ($45.00 credit card fee)
- Pet Poison Helpline at 1-800-213-6680 ($39.00 credit card fee)
Need information about a specific chemical? Visit our page on Pesticide Poisoning in Pets.
To discuss a pesticide poisoning call NPIC or visit our pesticide incidents page.
Spill and Cleanup Resources
For small pesticide spills, contact the product manufacturer for cleanup advice.
To discuss a pesticide spill, call NPIC or visit our pesticide incidents page.