State Pesticide Regulatory Agencies
In each state, one agency works cooperatively with the US EPA to enforce federal pesticide regulations and respond to potential complaints. Click your state below to find their contact information.
On tribal land, pesticide regulations may be enforced by a tribal designee or by the US EPA. On US military installations, the Armed Forces Pest Management Board (AFPMB) serves as a first-stop for people with questions or complaints about pesticides.
It is important to consult with your state pesticide regulatory agency in the following circumstances:
- To inquire if a pesticide is registered for use in your state
- To find out more about the rules and regulations governing pesticide use in your state
- To find out if your state requires notification or postings prior to pesticide applications
- To register a complaint concerning a pesticide misapplication
- To find out how to become a certified pesticide applicator
- To report a pesticide exposure or misuse at work
Click on a state below to view the agency information for that state:
AK | AL | AR | AZ | CA | CO | CT | DE | FL | GA | HI | IA | ID | IL | IN | KS | KY | LA | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | MO | MS | MT | NC | ND | NE | NH | NJ | NM | NV | NY | OH | OK | OR | PA | RI | SC | SD | TN | TX | UT | VA | VT | WA | WI | WV | WY | Washington D.C. |
If you have questions about this, or any pesticide-related topic, please call NPIC at 1-800-858-7378 (8:00am - 12:00pm PST), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.