1.800.858.7378 npic@ace.orst.edu
We're open from 8:00AM to 12:00PM Pacific Time, Mon-Fri
About us   

My Local Resources


University Extension or County Extension - pest identification, pest fact sheets, pest control

Master Gardeners - outdoor pest control at home (lawn, garden)

Mosquito/Vector Control - neighborhood pest control or other vectors of disease

Environmental Agency - large chemical spills, issues with wildlife, environmental concerns

State Pesticide Regulatory Agency - pesticide law enforcement, applicator certification

State Health Department - multifamily housing, vector-borne diseases

Worker Safety - pesticides at work

EPA in my Region - shipping pesticides into the US

Conservation Districts - types of soil on my property, concerns about soil or water

Household and Hazardous Waste - disposal of leftover pesticide(s)

Housing and Urban Development - pest infestations in public housing

Contacts for Pesticide Applicators and Workers - applicator training, agricultural safety


Emergencies – Call 911 if you need help right now. For help with spills or possible exposures, visit our pesticide emergency resources or call NPIC at 800-858-7378.

Don't see your resource listed, contact your local 2-1-1 to find help near you.


University Extension in my State

Extension services vary by state and county. Local knowledge can often be the best resource for your specific questions. You will need to check with your state or local Extension office to determine what expertise is in your area, but traditional services that Extension may provide include:

State Extension and local pest fact sheets:

Here are the County Extension contacts in your state:



Master Gardeners in my area

By calling the coordinator of Master Gardeners in your state, you’ll find out how to get in touch with a local expert. He or she may have experience and locally based knowledge about how to deal with a specific pest that is giving you trouble. You may also ask about:

Here are the Master Gardener contacts in your state:



Mosquito/Vector Control Districts

Some cities, counties and/or regions have programs that address mosquitoes, ticks, rodents, or other pests. These animals are called "vectors" because they can spread public health diseases. Each program may offer different services or information based on local funding and needs. Some communities have organized mosquito/vector control programs; some do not. We have attempted to list all of the mosquito/vector control districts in your state below. Mosquito/vector control districts may be able to:

Here are the available mosquito/vector control contacts in your state:



Environmental Agency in my State

In the U.S., each state has an agency in charge of environmental issues. It may be called the Department of Environmental Protection/Quality/or Natural Resources, or something similar. You might consider contacting your State Environmental Agency for issues like these:

Here are the State Environmental Agency contacts in your state:



Pesticide Regulation Agency in my State

In the U.S., each state has an agency in charge of pesticide-related issues. It may be called the Department of Agriculture, Pesticide Regulation, Environmental Conservation or something similar. They often work closely with Regional Offices of the US EPA. You might consider contacting your State Pesticide Agency for issues like these:

Here are the State Pesticide Agency contacts in your state:



Health Agency in my State

The state level health department may be able to help you find local resources for health care and health education. You might consider contacting your State Health Department for issues like these:

Here is the State Health Agency contact in your state:



Worker Safety in my State

In each state, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) works to reduce and prevent workplace injuries and work-related illnesses. In agricultural settings, the Worker Protection Standard (WPS) is enforced and monitored in most states by the Pesticide Regulatory Agency.

If you may be exposed to pesticides in your non-agricultural workplace, use the contacts below for the following issues:

If you are a state or local government employee who is not covered through the contacts below, please contact the NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Program.

Here are the worker health and safety contacts in your state:



EPA in my Region

There are 10 regional offices of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). They work closely with each state's Pesticide Regulatory Agency on pesticide issues. You might consider contacting your Regional EPA Office for issues like these:

Here is the EPA Regional office for your state/region:



Conservation Districts

Conservation districts across the country serve to help their communities manage and protect natural resources on private land. You might consider contacting your conservation district for issues like these:

Here are the Conservation District contacts in your state:



Household and Hazardous Waste

Sewage and storm-water treatment facilities may not be able to handle certain chemicals, so it’s important not to dump pesticides down your sink or toilet. Never dump chemicals in natural waters or storm drains. If you have questions about how to dispose of household or commercial products safely, you might consider contacting your local hazardous waste contact.

Here are the Household and Hazardous Waste contacts in your state:



Housing and Urban Develpment

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) can provide resources and tools for renters, owners, managers, and communities. You may consider contacting HUD or a state HUD office for issues like these:

Here are the Housing and Urban Development contacts in your state: