Neem Oil References
- Pesticide Product Information System; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2012.
- Neem Oil; Tolerance Exemptions. Fed. Regist. December 13, 1995, 60 (239), 63950-63953.
- Azadirachtin Summary Document Registration Review; EPA-HQ-OPP-2008-0632-0002; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pesticide Programs, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2008.
- Biopesticides Registration Action Document (BRAD) Cold Pressed Neem Oil; EPA-HQ-OPP-2007-0996-0002; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pesticide Programs, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2009.
- Cold Pressed Neem Oil; Exemption from the Requirement of a Tolerance. Fed. Regist. October 28, 2009, 74 (207), 55458-55463.
- Krieger, R. I. Handbook of pesticide toxicology, 2nd ed.; Academic Press: San Diego, 2001; pp 130-134.
- National Research Council. Neem : a tree for solving global problems; National Research Council; National Academy Press: Washington, DC, 1992; p 141
- Reigart, J. R., Roberts, J. R. Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings, 5th ed.; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; Office of Prevention, Pesticides, and Toxic Substances, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 1999; p 63
- Schmutterer, H. The neem tree : Sources of unique natural products for integrated pest management, medicine, industry, and other purposes; VCH Publishers, Inc.: New York, 1995.
- Sutton, N. M.; Bates, N.; Campbell, A. Apparent adverse reactions to neem (margosa) oil in cats. Vet. Rec. 2009, 164 (19), 592-593.
- Harish Kumar, G.; Vidya Priyadarsini, R.; Vinothini, G.; Vidjaya Letchoumy, P.; Nagini, S. The neem limonoids azadirachtin and nimbolide inhibit cell proliferation and induce apoptosis in an animal model of oral oncogenesis. Invest. New Drugs 2010, 28 (4), 392-401.
- Kumar, S.; Suresh, P. K.; Vijayababu, M. R.; Arunkumar, A.; Arunakaran, J. Anticancer effects of ethanolic neem leaf extract on prostate cancer cell line (PC-3). J. Ethnopharmacol. 2006, 105, 246-250.
- Srivastava, M. K.; Raizada, R. B., Lack of toxic effect of technical azadirachtin during postnatal development of rats. Food Chem. Toxicol. 2007, 45 (3), 465-71.
NPIC fact sheets are designed to answer questions that are commonly
asked by the general public about pesticides that are regulated by the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). This document is
intended to be educational in nature and helpful to consumers for
making decisions about pesticide use.