- Pesticide Product Information System; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2012.
- Toxicologic Information About Insecticides Used for Eradicating Mosquitoes; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry: Atlanta, GA, 2007.
- Insect Growth Regulators: S-Hydroprene (128966), S-Kinoprene (107502), Methoprene (105401), S-Methoprene (105402) Fact Sheet; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances, Office of Pesticide Programs, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 2001.
- Environmental Fate of Methoprene; California Department of Pesticide Regulations, Environmental Monitoring Branch: Sacramento, CA, 2004.
- Tomlin, C. D. S. The Pesticide Manual: A World Compendium, 14th ed.; British Crop Protection Council: Surry, England, 2006; pp 699-700.
- Registration Eligilbilty Document isopropyl (2E,4E)-11-methoxy-3,7,11-trimethyl-2,4-dodecadienoate; U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pesticide Programs, U.S. Government Printing Office: Washington, DC, 1991.
- WHO. Data Sheets on Pesticides #47 Methoprene; Food and Agriculture Organization, World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2011.
- WHO. Pesticide Residues in Food. Toxicological Evaluations, Methoprene and S-Methoprene; International Programme on Chemical Safety, World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2001.
NPIC fact sheets are designed to answer questions that are commonly
asked by the general public about pesticides that are regulated by the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). This document is
intended to be educational in nature and helpful to consumers for
making decisions about pesticide use.