1.800.858.7378 npic@ace.orst.edu
We're open from 8:00AM to 12:00PM Pacific Time, Mon-Fri

Copper sulfate is a naturally occurring pesticide and can be found in plants, soil, food, and water. It is a combination of sulfur and copper. Copper is an essential nutrient for humans, animals, and plants. Organisms need copper for their normal function and adjust their internal environment to keep copper levels steady. Too much copper sulfate can damage the skin, affect the stomach and intestines, and irritate the respiratory tract. Freshwater fish and invertebrates are very sensitive to copper. Copper sulfate is an herbicide, bactericide, and fungicide for control of fungi, algae, roots, and bacteria.

General Questions about Copper Sulfate

general fact sheet image
General
Fact Sheet

washing produce
How can I wash pesticides
from fruits and veggies?

Pestibyte headphone icon
How can I wash pesticides
from fruits and veggies?
Podcast

(1:41 min., 1.54MB)

If you have questions about this, or any pesticide-related topic, please call NPIC at 1-800-858-7378 (8:00am - 12:00pm PST), or email at npic@ace.orst.edu.

Last updated January 7, 2013

Related Topics:

What are pests?

Learn about a pest

Identify a pest

Control a pest

Integrated Pest Management

What are pesticides?

Herbicides

Disinfectants

Fungicides

Insecticides

Natural and Biological Pesticides

Repellents

Rodenticides

Other types of pesticides

Facebook Twitter Youtube