1.800.858.7378 npic@ace.orst.edu
We're open from 8:00AM to 12:00PM Pacific Time, Mon-Fri

Bromadiolone is a rodenticide used to control rats and mice in around buildings and transport vehicles. It is highly toxic to all mammals and can be lethal to rats and mice from one day's feeding. Like other anticoagulants, bromadiolone disrupts the recycling of vitamin K. This prevents the blood from clotting. Signs from poisoning may be delayed several days as the body runs out of vitamin K. This poses a significant risk to wildlife predators that may eat poisoned rats or mice. Because of potential risks to children and wildlife, bromadiolone is intended only for sale to professionals.

General Questions about
Bromadiolone

general fact sheet image
General
Fact Sheet

topic fact sheet image
Rodenticides
Fact Sheet

girl
Get Rid of the Mouse!
With Kids In the House?
Q & A

Pestibyte headphone icon
Get Rid of the Mouse!
With Kids In the House?
Podcast

(1:53 min., 3.45MB)

If you have questions about this, or any pesticide-related topic, please call NPIC at 1-800-858-7378 (8:00am - 12:00pm PST), or email at npic@ace.orst.edu.

Last updated August 8, 2013

Related Topics:

What are pests?

Learn about a pest

Identify a pest

Control a pest

Integrated Pest Management

What are pesticides?

Herbicides

Disinfectants

Fungicides

Insecticides

Natural and Biological Pesticides

Repellents

Rodenticides

Other types of pesticides

Facebook Twitter Youtube