Andy talked to his neighbor, Sam, about the white grubs in his lawn. Sam remembered he had a similar experience last year and knew just the trick for Andy's grub problem. Sam found the product that he used the previous season and poured some into an old beverage container for Andy to try on his lawn. Sam brought the container to Andy and briefly explained how to use it. Two hours later, Sam was shocked to see an ambulance outside Andy's house and rushed over to find out what happened. Andy was distraught. His wife, Donna, had become thirsty as she worked in the yard and accidentally drank from the pesticide-filled beverage bottle Sam had given Andy earlier. Donna had become very sick and was taken to the hospital. Sam's best intentions to help Andy deal with the grubs had gone awry and he felt terrible!
How can this situation be prevented? Click here to find out!
You can prevent unwanted poisonings. Never put pesticides in food or beverage containers. Store pesticides in their original containers with the complete product labels to avoid accidental pesticide exposure by adults, children, or pets. Although state and federal laws may vary, your state pesticide regulatory agency may consider transferring of a pesticide product to an unauthorized, unlabeled, or mislabeled container an illegal practice. It is certainly an unsafe practice!